Prep: Grab 2 hand towels and some hard wood floors! If you don’t have hard wood floors to perform this exercise on, you can also use paper plates- I’ve done it before 😉
Workout: 30 mountain climbers + 10 plank pikes. Do this 3x with a 1 minute rest in between.
- develops your cardiovascular system, strengthens your heart and lungs
- develops strength in your lower body
- builds core strength by targeting your core muscles, including your back, hips and abs
- it is a compound exercise, which means several joints and muscle groups are worked simultaneously
- targets your glutes and leg muscles, including your quadriceps and hamstrings
- increases joint flexibility and and improves mobility
- improves coordination and agility
- burns calories to support fat loss
- builds your core muscles and flattens your abs
- strengthens your shoulders, biceps and triceps
- improves posture and coordination
Check out Tim Grover’s website for more training advice.