There’s nothing quite like a foodie/fuddhist/fresh roast collabo.
As a strong supporter of all things organic, fair trade, and delicious, I stumbled across this incredible brand of coffee hailing from the UK called Shooters & Hill. The coffee I devoured comes from Magdalena, in the ‘Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta’ region of Colombia, home to 30,000 indigenous people. This small batch urban roaster delivers organic and fairly traded coffee, from a top of a hill in South East London, and for those lucky enough to live nearby I strongly recommend their full service pour over coffee experience!
As fate would have it, a creamy tiramisu smoothie that I had been drooling over, happened to use none other than Shooters & Hill coffee. The creator of this wonderful recipe is Zoë, aka, Paleo in Heels. I was inspired by her journey from sickness to health, could relate to her battle with chronic pain, and found it synchronistic that we both came from the wonderful world of television. Not to mention, I fell in love with every single recipe on her blog!
Say hello to my very first Fuddhist Collaboration!
Creamy Tiramisu Recipe!
- Two cups chilled organic strong black coffee*
- One cup unsweetened almond milk
- Two small frozen sliced bananas
- One tbsp cacao powder
- One scoop vanilla protein powder (I like to use Carnipro Paleo protein)
- Two scoops Amazing Greens chocolate infusion (Replace with a large handful of spinach & extra cacao powder if you do not have this to hand)
- One cup of chilled water to make this smoothie go a bit further
- One tbsp ground flaxseed
- Tbsp coconut oil
- One scoop of chia seeds
- Cacao nibs to sprinkle on top
- Large handful of strawberries, fresh/frozen to make a Strawberry Tiramisu. Trust me! 🙂
How to make chilled coffee…
*I make a big pot of coffee the night before by placing three scoops of ground coffee into a cafetiere, pour over hot water, leave to steep until cool and then plunge. Pour the coffee into a glass bottle and place into the refrigerator overnight for use in smoothies and iced coffee beverages for the next few days.
- Make your coffee as per instructions above.
- Place all ingredients apart from any ingredients you would like to sprinkle on as toppings into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy.
This smoothie keeps well in the refrigerator to drink later on in the day as an afternoon ‘pick me up’ snack.